If you have geographic data stored (Esri shapefile (.shp), GPX (.gpx), GML(.gml), MapInfoTAB (.tab) or MapInfoMIF/MID (.mif) format) on your machine that you want to add to a map, you can do this by uploading data.
The import wizard will help you easily import data into new layers.
- Click the Tools button to open Tools menu.
- On the Tools menu, click the Import tool.
- Import new data wizard opens in a dialog box.
- On the dialog box, browse for the file you want to import, then click Open. If the import data consists of multiple files, you can upload them compressed into ZIP file.
- In the Import settings dialog box, you can set the following options:
- Input layer - select one of the options from the dropdown list (default value is set to Default layer).
- Output Layer name - define layer name.
- Import fields - select fields you want to import. If you want to import fields as a codelist, check the corresponding checkboxes.
- Coordinate system - select one of the available coordinate systems.
- Click the Import button .
After importing is complete, the data is shown in the map.